Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's Been A While....

It has been a while since I've posted much of anything lately in this. Months, actually. A lot has happened.

I've fluctuated with weight, once again. I cannot seem to grasp what is good and what isn't. Well, I can. I just don't have the will power. I need to start getting back into the swing of eating right. I lost so much weight since last November - 40lbs. to be exact. And I'm at a stand still. I have been for a while. I don't know what's wrong at all. Oye. I have to get back on track! I will. Just have to start from the beginning.

Another thing is - I haven't been able to horseback ride. The last time I rode was the student horse show at Thorncroft. And that was at the end of January. Since then, I've worked every Monday and Tuesday there. I haven't paid my bill, which has been hard to do. I haven't ridden, and it really, really sucks! I miss it so much. I am so jealous of those that are able to ride, and I stand by. It'll all work out. I hope.

Bruno passed away. It was the most saddest thing I have experienced. I worked with Bruno when I was able to get to know the horses at Thorncroft. He was feisty, even if he was 17 at the time. He was just adorable. I fell in love with him! He was much like a big puppy dog, and he always was to me. I loved him, and still do. Even with being the shortest pony in the barn, he had the biggest heart. He was just adorable. I'm so glad that I was able to have Bruno in my life. He has certainly touched me and left hoof prints on my heart (as did Razz). Monday night is when it was to happen. It was a sad night. While out under the apple tree, the horses in the field came up, one by one, and were standing there eating with Bruno. They were on opposite sides of the fence, but...they knew. Once we knew it was over, silence was all that was around us. I have never heard so much silence before. And then, there were horses that called out. I started to cry. Maire let me have some of his tail, which I have resting over the painting of Razz. Bruno will never be forgotten.



Bruno
(1986-2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment