Thursday, August 26, 2010

Another World

There is something I would like to share about a place that has become an escape for me. It's a place that has become a second home for me in different ways. And that place is...the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire.

I remember going to the Faire many, many years ago while in Middle School. I remember being brought up onto a stage by someone that was with the Queen at the time. I vaguely remember what they look like though. I remember I was happy. I wanted to be there. It wasn't until 2005 that I went again, and I wanted to keep going. 2008 came, and I was able to go to the Faire with the summer camp I work with. I fell in love. That season, I went quite a few times, and during that time, I have met some incredible people. And made some really good friends, too.

The Faire has become an escape for me. I step in through those magical gates and step into an entirely different world. Nothing that goes on on the outside gates matters that much. I forget about any of the troubles that I have been going through and enjoy myself. I enjoy time with the friends I've made there, and the people I know. I do what I want to do in that time, because it takes me away from all things that have been bothering me. It's a real escape for me to step into another time and place.

I am grateful that I am able to make the drive there and be able to experience this kind of magic. I am grateful for the people I have met and the people I will meet there. I know that we all will enjoy each others company through-out the season. I am grateful for the actors who walk the streets of the Shire and engage each and every patron with a smile and greeting; and for stopping to talk to people and get them involved. It's incredible, and I am in love with the place and the people there!

What more can I say?? I'm a Rennie.

No comments:

Post a Comment