Monday, November 8, 2010

Weighing In...

I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I first stepped into Level 5 Gym in town. My sister had asked me to take the class with her (it's called Booty Fit Boot Camp), because, let's face it. Who really wants to go to a work out class by themselves with complete strangers watching you? You know what, after a few classes, I don't mind it that much anymore. I'm there for me. I'm there to better myself mind and body. The first time though, I was a bit nervous. I didn't know what to expect. Once I met Dave, I knew I was in good hands. He's funny, nice, and a great motivator. He doesn't PUSH you to do the work out. You go at your own pace and do what you can. The class is 45 minutes to an hour long. And you do each thing at one minute. Dave tells you what to do, and you do that for one minute. My trouble area is mainly my stomach. I haven't had a flat stomach since.....I can't even remember when. It's been a long while, and my struggle with weight has always been there.

Two years ago, I weighed in at 230lbs. This is the time I was still with my ex-fiancee. Where he had quit his job for a better one...the job he didn't get 'cause he never called them. He never left the house, and we would always get WaWa. That was the downfall. I ate a lot that summer. I gained all that weight, because he and I never did anything. I got tired of it. I was not happy. Everyone around me could see that I wasn't, but I didn't realize it til the end of that summer and broke off the engagement and had him move at the end of September. It wasn't until that November, that I knew I had to do something. My co-workers at work were doing Weight Watchers. And I wanted in. So I started. I changed my eating habits. I didn't stop at Wawa every day for a hoagie, or stop at McDonald's. No. I ate better than I have ever done. And in within four months I had lost 40lbs. I had never felt better about myself after that day. But the weight is still there.

A year and a half after losing that 40lbs, I'm still the same weight. A couple pounds less, but now I know what I need to do in order to get better. I know that me doing Booty Fit Boot Camp will definitely help. I'm on my way to being a better person. A more healthy person.

Please stay with me as I go on my journey...

1 comment:

  1. You can Win here, you just have to Commit(who said,"determined, mindful, passionate"?) to Help Yourself.

    Past is an Illusion, a Dream gone by, just the Future remains. How do you want to Write it?

    -A Friend

    ReplyDelete