Thursday, December 29, 2011

Don't Phone It In!

Yesterday my journey of losing weight. Today is the first day of many. I worked out for the FIRST time in a LONG time. It was amazing. I really forgot how much energy you have to give to work out. I haven't felt good like that in a LONG time. I've been wanting to be more mobile, as I said in yesterday's blog. But today was different. I struggled to get out of bed. I struggled with my insides screaming at me to go back to bed for another half an hour. But my mind won. I got out of bed, got into my Target bought workout clothes and put the work out dvd on. I worked out with Jillian Michaels with her "Ripped in 30" dvd. I also have a few other ones, but Ripped in 30 is my new favorite. She bases her system on the "3-2-1" system mixing cardio, strength and abs.

(borrowed picture from Amazon)

This is what I need. I need the variety, which is why I've always loved Jillian and her style of workout. This one is 4 weeks. And the great thing about this workout is that in each circuit, it's different. If you do push ups in one of the circuits, that's the ONLY time you see them in the work out. It's variety, which is key for me, because if it's the same thing over and over and over again, I get bored very easily. This is probably why I've gotten her other DVDs so that I can keep it varied. I also have her "30 Day Shred", "No More Trouble Zones" and her yoga one (which I find is insanely hard to do!). I know she has a new workout DVD on the market, so I'm definitely going to be checking that out, too. All I've been talking about is working out with Jillian! But that's good! I know she comes off as being a hard ass, but if you do her workouts, she gives you encouragement through-out it all. She just wants us to do well and be fit.

At the end of week 1 workout (which you do for 7 days to build yourself up), she states, "Some people don't show up in their own lives. They go through life day in and day out and don't show up." And I believe her. There are people that go through life wishing and hoping that things will get better and change, but nothing happens. Why? Because they don't do anything to change it for themselves. And I really do not want to be like that. I don't want to not show up for my life. I want to live it day in and day out with the people I love while doing the things that I love most. It's not going to be easy. No one ever said it would be, so if you've been told that - don't believe it. Life is going to throw you a lot of curveballs, and it's up to you to dodge them.

Until next time.

(For more on Jillian and her workouts, check out her website! Jillian Michaels )

1 comment:

  1. I really like a lot of the biggest loser DVD's I have about 3 of the older ones. I will bust those out and try them again. I know they kicked my butt the last time I lost weight!

    ReplyDelete